When anyone comes up with their simple tools to root and develop our devices, it feels so good and better as all other methods are complex and are not beginner friendly as well. For those who have updated their Acer Iconia Tab A100 to the latest Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 firmware can now easily root their devices with the easy to use tutorial provided by us.
Read on to know more about the way to Root Acer Iconia A100 Android Tablet running on Android ICS 4.0 Firmware.
Note: Rooting voids the warranty of an mobile phone, but the warranty can be retained by flashing the STOCK ROM of your device which can be found anywhere on the internet. But never forget, rooting of your device gives many benefits, You can install Root only apps, install custom ROMS, and enjoy overclocking.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an rooting process that is applicable for the device named Acer Iconia Tab A100 and has to be applied to the mobile phone using the recovery mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your tab, or your mobile phone. Unless and until you aren’t aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone or Tab.
Pre-Requisites to Root Acer Iconia Tab A100
- The instructions are working for Acer Iconia Tab A100, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Acer device drivers installed in your computer.
- Turn off all the antivirus and firewall programs installed on your computer, as they’ve seemed to be cluttering the Rooting Process.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
How To Root Acer Iconia Tab A100
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the rooting process successful but if any wrong step is taken chances are there for getting your device bricked, proceed at your own risk.
- Download the Rooting Package and extract the same.
- After Rooting the file, you’ll get a folder named “ICS_rooting” open it.
- Now, Connect your Acer Iconia Tab A100 to your computer and enable USB Debugging (To Do So, go to Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging and tick and USB Debugging check-box).
- From the ICS_rooting folder, run “runit-win.exe” file to start the rooting process to start.
- After the device is successfully rooted, go to Android Market and download the SuperUser Application. Here is the link to SuperUser on Google Play.
That’s it, you’ve successfully rooted your Acer Iconia Tab A100 running on Android ICS Firmware.