Those waiting patiently for the rooting process to be released for the Acer Iconia A101 Tablet can now relax and root their devices, because today we’ll be covering up the procedure to root the acer iconia a101 tablet. Remember rooting can brick off your mobile phone if done in an wrong manner, but it’s worth taking the risk as there are several advantages of rooting your tablet.
Note: Rooting voids the warranty of an mobile phone, but the warranty can be retained by flashing the STOCK ROM on your device which can be found anywhere on the internet. But never forget, rooting of your device gives many benefits, You can install Root only apps, install custom ROMS, and enjoy overclocking.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an rooting process that is applicable only for the Acer Iconia Tab A101. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Root Acer Iconia Tab A101
- The instructions are working for Acer Iconia Tab, A101 Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Device drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
How to Root Acer Iconia Tab A101
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the root applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download the A101 Rooting package from the download link to your computer and transfer the file your device’s SD Card.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Turn off your Tab, in order to start it in recovery mode, the recovery mode can be accessed by pressing and holding the Volume UP key + Power button and let the device start.
- Now, connect the device to your computer, and shoot up command prompt and enter the following command:
- Note down the UID of the device as it may be required in some another process.
- Once the adb devices command is processed successfully enter these commands:
/system/bin/cmdclient ec_micswitch ‘`echo ‘ro.kernel.qemu=1′ > /data/local.prop
- After you enter these commands, your computer might give a beep with a permission denied message prompted in front of you, this is normal as the function has worked successfully.
- Now Type “Exit” when $ is prompted after this the device will be rebooted. After the device is rebooted enter these commands in command prompt window:
adb push su /system/xbin/
adb shell “chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su”
- After the below commands are processed, enter the below command:
adb shell “echo ‘#’ >/data/local.prop”
- Once the command is successfully processed, you would need to install SuperUser on your tablet. If prompted to grant permissions then grant it.
Congratulations!! You’ve successfully rooted your Acer Iconia Tab A101.