Acer Iconia A500 is a Google Android Honeycomb 3.x tablet with 10.1 inches screen size. It features 1 Ghz dual core ARM Cortex A9 processor with Tegra 2 T20 chipset. Apart from that it has got 1 GB of DDR2 dedicated RAM with connectivity options includes HDMI port, micro USB 2.0 port and USB 2.0 port. The data connectivity can be obtained through Wi-Fi and this tablet provides the option of Wi-Fi hotspot.
Acer Iconia A500 tablet got impressive 5 mega pixel camera with auto focus and LED flash along with a provision of secondary camera with 2 mega pixel clarity. The 5 mega pixel rear camera provides video recording at 720p.Users would love to have 1080p HD video recording which is possible with Nvidia Tegra 2 processor but for some reasons users have bad experience with 1080p video recording comparatively with other mobile phone or digital camera or tablets which has 5 mega pixel camera. We have gone through a detailed procedure on how to root Acer Iconia A500 but after rooting people have experienced a bug in email application due to which the mail exchange feature on the tablet is missing. We have also gone through rectification of Exchange ActiveSync Problem. Here come another enhancement which provides 1080p HD video recording by upgrading it to the leak Honeycomb 3.1 firmware release.
Note: We undertake no responsibility what so ever in any manner if anything happens to your tablet after following the below procedure.
Pre Upgrade Instructions:
- It may happen that you lose all the data present in your Iconia A500 tablet, so its recommended to create backup of all the date like call logs, messages, videos and applications present on your tablet.
- It’s very important to have at least 50 % of the battery to go with smoother rooting process or else there is high possibility that your device may end up turning completely off in the process of rooting.
- Since you will be installing this firmware, all the APN setting and data settings will be wiped off completely, ensure you have made a note of it.
- Make sure that your device is rooted and we have gone through details Acer Iconia A500 rooting procedure.
- Also it’s require to have Acer ROM Flasher app installed on your Acer Iconia tablet. Download it from Android market place.
Instructions to Install Custom Honeycomb 3.1 Firmware on Acer Iconia Tablet:
Follow the instruction below carefully to install
- First and the foremost thing are to download Honeycomb 3.1 custom firmware. Make sure that you have downloaded it correctly which contains the Virtuous_Picasso_v.1.1.0 flashing tool and other important files.
- Copy the firmware that you have downloaded to the root of your SD card.
- Once you have done that you need to reboot your device into recovery mode. For going into recovery mode power off your device and then by holding the power and volume down button until you see something on the screen.
- Once you are into recovery mode, wipe data and factory reset your device.
- After that you need to open Virtuous_Picasso_v.1.1.0 which the file to flash your device. The flashing will take approximately 5 – 10 minutes.
- Once the ROM is flashed, you would also need to flash the patch file as well.
- Now reboot your device and you should be able to try out new enhancements.
The following are the major new enhancements add to this firmware update -
- This firmware update supports multi language
- Improved EXT 4 performance
- Virtuous CPU scaling scripts
- Provides 3D browsing of your photos
- It supports 3G modem now
- Advanced power menu