A New Ice Cream Sandwich based Custom ROM is out for the HTC Amaze 4G device, the ROM has been dubbed as the Evervolv laceo Preview 1, the ROM is based on AOSP, that is no HTC sensation!! . The ROM is under it’s first stage, that is it’s a new ROM based on ICS and can have few bugs in it. So, Today we’ll be covering up how we can install Android ICS on HTC Amaze 4G, and due course of this article we’ll be covering up the full installation tutorial.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and HTC isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE. (The Name of the developer is xboarder56 and the developer thread can be found here).
Features (Quoted From XDA)
- Compiled from evervolv
- idk whatelse to add
- Sdcard externel
- Sdcard Mounting
- More i forgot
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the Recovery Mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install Android 4.0 ICS on HTC Amaze 4G
- The instructions are working for HTC Amaze, 4G Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- HTC Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
- Rooted HTC Amaze 4G with CWM Recovery Installed.
How to Install Android 4.0 ICS on HTC Amaze 4G
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download the Custom ROM to your computer, transfer the downloaded zip file to the Root of the SD Card of your mobile phone with the help of the USB Cable.
- Power off the HTC Amaze 4G and boot into recovery mode (the recovery mode can be accessed by: Pressing and Holding Volume Down + Power Button, after that use the Volume Down button to select “Bootloader” and then press the power button to select it).
- Perform a Full Wipe on your HTC Amaze 4G, select “Wipe data / factory reset“, “Wipe Cache Partition” and “Wipe Dalvik Cache” one by one and then proceed to the next step.
- Now, select “install zip from sdcard” and then “choose zip from sdcard” > Pick the file which you had transferred earlier to your mobile phone in step 1.
- Now, Confirm and let the installation begin. Soon the installation will be completed.
- Now, Go back to the main recovery screen and select “reboot system now” and the device will reboot with Android ICS ROM installed in it.
That’s it!! You’ve successfully installed Android ICS Firmware on Your HTC Amaze 4G device.