Another MIUI 4 ROM is out, but this time the ROM has been released for the Amazon Kindle Fire, as we all know the Kindle Fire aka eBook reader is an awesome device. The device has got one more popular ROM that is know as the MIUI 4 ROM based on the Latest Android 4.0.3 Firmware, the best thing about this ROM is that it’s stable many times. Almost everything works on this ROM, that means it is stable for daily use.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and Amazon isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the recovery mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
What is Not Working in the MIUI 4 ROM for Kindle Fire
- Tethering via USB
- Hardware accelerated graphics
- Static wallpaper
Pre-Requisites to Install MIUI 4 ROM on Kindle Fire
- The instructions are working for Amazon Kindle Fire, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Kindle Fire device drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
- Your device should be Rooted and CWM Recovery Installed.
How to Install Android MIUI 4 ROM on Kindle Fire
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download the MIUI 4 ROM for Kindle Fire to you computer.
- Transfer the ROM to your Kindle Fire’s SD Card.
- Now Turn off your Kindle Fire, and boot it in recovery mode, I recommend TWRP Recovery make sure you’ve already installed it. To access recovery press power button and when you see the triangle on the screen press power button again.
- Now, Perform a factory reset on your device.
- Now, select the option to install the MIUI 4 ROM on your device, and let the CWM or TWRP recovery flash the device.
- After installation is complete, click on wipe cache/dalvik and wipe both the caches.
- Tap on Reboot and your Kindle Fire will boot up with MIUI 4 ROM installed on it.
You’ve successfully installed MIUI 4 ROM on your Kindle Fire.