The Team Win has introduced a new recovery tool for Android devices which has been named as Team Win Recovery Project 2.0. This tool is an awesome alternative for the famous ClockworkMod recovery tool, the utility lets you backup, restore and install custom ROMs on your device.
The best thing about this tool is that, it has an touch-based UI which makes it easy to our work, not like ClockworkMod where we have to use the Volume up, down keys to control the application.
Installing TWRP 2.0 Recovery can be a bit tough for the beginners, If you haven’t installed Android ADB, Fastboot, and other developer tools then you would need to stop and install them first, or you’ll end up making your device non-bootable.
Installing TWRP 2.0 Touch Based Recover on Kindle Fire
- Root Your Kindle Fire using the Kindle Fire Rooting Guide.
- Download FireFireFire tool for your Kindle Fire.
- Unzip the tool and copy the u-boot.bin file to the folder where you’ve adb installed.
- Download twrp-blaze.2.0.0RC0.img, this is the version of TWRP 2.0 for Kindle Fire.
- Copy it to the same directory.
- Open the command prompt by pressing “Win + R” and then typing “cmd” in the run window.
- Navigate to the directory of Android SDK.
- Make sure that your computer is connected to the Kindle Fire.
- Copy the two files to your Kindle’s SD Card by entering the below commands in the command prompt window and press enter.
adb push u-boot.bin /sdcard/
adb push twrp-blaze-2.0.0RC0.img /sdcard/
- Open an ADB shell and install the recovery and bootloader by entering the below commands and press enter after doing the same. Note: If you’re stuck with the error “permission denied” then it means you Kindle Fire is not rooted, repeat the rooting process.
dd if=/sdcard/twrp-blaze-2.0.0RC0.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5
dd if=/sdcard/u-boot.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2
- Now, Reboot you Kindle Fire by entering the following commands, (Press Enter after writing these commands)
You’ve successfully installed FireFireFire and TWRP 2.0 on Your Kindle Fire, that means when the device will reboot you would see the “Yellow Triangle with Fire Icon” in the center. If you’ll do nothing then the Kindle Fire will itself start itself.
To Enter the TWRP 2.0 press and hold the power button for few seconds when the yellow fire triangle shows up, your device will enter the touch-based recovery mode.