We all know that our messages are important for us, but there is always a problem with messages, whenever we reset, root & upgrade our mobile phone firmware. The Messages get deleted themselves. But, this in not a problem anymore, the android developer Ritesh Sahu has developed an Android application that can backup your messages in a very easy way.
Backup and Restore SMS Messages from Phone
Creating a backup of your sms is very using this easy to use application. The application has to be installed through the Android market, there are two versions of this application one is free (ads-version) and the other one is paid (non-ads version).
Steps to Backup the messages:
- Go to Android Market and search for the “SMS Backup & Restore” application and tap on install to install it.
- After the installation is complete, go to the menu and tap on “SMS Backup” icon that will be created after the installation has been completed.
- Then, the application window will appear, click on “Backup SMS Messages button” and enter the desired name of that file. After tapping on “OK” the backup process will start and all of your messages will be stored in an small .xml file.
- After, the backup process is completed, a small popup will appear which will show the status of the backup.
- The backup will be stored in your MicroSD card.
Steps to Restore the messages:
- If you haven’t installed “SMS Backup & Restore” application then repeat steps 1 & 2 from the backup process.
- Now, if you want to restore the application then go to the menu and again tap the “SMS Backup” application and tap on the “restore SMS messages” button.
- This will start the process of restoring the SMS Messages from your MicroSD Card, Tap close when the process is finished!