Finally Asus Transformer Prime TF201 gets ClockWorkMod Touch Recovery by which one can easily get the backup of the current ROM on your tablet and you no longer would be required to make use of different combinations of buttons to get into recovery mode. The backup is done with a single touch and we are thanks to the developers for working out with this.
Please make sure that your tablet is Asus Transformer Prime TF201 only but not any other variant of Asus tablet. You can check for the tablet version by going through About tablet under Settings which can be accessed via Menu.
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Before going through the actual procedure of update we will be going through the pre upgrade instructions, follow them here –
- This update should be apply to only Asus Transformer Prime TF201 tablet only..
- Please make sure that you have more than 60 % battery life left on your phone.
- You need to take the backup of all the data on your phone as this would be lost after this firmware upgrade and so you can make use of the following applications –
Songs, Videos & Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card
- Make sure that your phone has atleast 70 % battery left on your tablet.
- Make sure that you need to have USB Debugging installed on your tablet. Follow the path Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and you should tick the USB debugging option.
- Irrespective of the firmware which you are ON, you can apply this ClockWorkMod Recovery on the tablet.
Disclaimer : Since this is a custom ROM, users should understand that they are proceeding with this update on their own risk. Neither developer nor we would be held responsible.
ClockworkMod Touch Recovery On Asus Transformer Prime – Procedure
Follow the procedure mentioned here carefully or else you will break your tablet –
- First download the fastboot file and filename of it would be wintools.zip.
- Extract the content of Wintools.zip on to your computer and you will get folder Tools inside it.
- On the other side you will have to installed the ClockWorkMod image as well which is file size of 5.25 Mb. File name is recovery-clockwork-touch-126.96.36.199-tf201.img.
- As soon as the image files get downloaded, copy the image file to the Tools folder and paste it there.
- Now you need to turn off your Transformer Prime tablet as we will boot it in fastboot mode. To do it, you need to hold the volume down button and power button together until you see a RCK screen on the display. Now as you see the RCK screen you need to press volume down button which will eventually take you to the options where in you need to select fastboot.
- You need to switch to fastboot mode by pressing the volume down button and then press the volume up button to select the highlighted option.
- Now finally connect your tablet to the PC using the USB cable.
- You need to open the command prompt by which method you know on your Windows. Simple press on start, type run and type cmd after then enters.
- Now you need to navigate to downloaded image file. i.e., recovery-clockwork-touch-188.8.131.52-tf201 file which is located inside the Tools folder as we have moved it earlier through the command prompt.
- Once you have found the right path, type fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-184.108.40.206-tf201.img.
- Once you see a full blue bar rested on the command prompt means that flashing is done and you need to now reboot as per normally.
- That’s it you have now successfully installed ClockWorkMod Touch Recovery on your Asus Transformer Prime tablet. We recommended you to take a backup of your current ROM as soon as you get Touch Recovery on your tablet.
If you are strucked anywhere please repeat the procedure again. Do let us know if you face any issues further during this process.