ClockworkMod Recovery for Transformer Prime has been released, special thanks to the developers of XDA who are doing fabulous work to provide the community with lots of stuff without asking them for money. Asus had recently released the bootloader unlocking tool which can be used to unlock the bootloader, with the unlocked bootloader, it didn’t take too much time for the community to bring CWM for it.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the Recovery Mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install Recovery on Transformer Prime
- The instructions are working for Transformer Prime, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Asus Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
- Transformer Prime with Bootloader unlocked.
How to Install CWM Recovery on Transformer Prime
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download the fastboot file and the CWM Image.
- Copy the file named “tfp_CWM5.SOS” (the CWM Image) to the Tools folder.
- Turn off your device, boot into fastboot mode, to do so press and hold Volume Down and Power button.
- Connect your device to your PC and start command prompt on your computer.
- Enter the following commands in the command prompt window one-by-one:
- cd Tools
- fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash recovery tfp_CWM5.SOS
- Wait till the flashing completes.
- After the installation is complete, type “fastboot reboot” to reboot your transformer prime.
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed CWM Recovery on your Transformer Prime.