A Latest CyanogenMod 9 ROM has just arrived for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer T101 Wifi only model. The ROM is based on the latest Android ICS 4.0.3 ROM. Thanks to the XDA Developers named daxtsu and whitekidney who have worked out to make this ROM work on the device. The ROM is still under development and there are so many bugs being reported but these bugs would be ironed out is small period of time as the XDA Devs are hyper active and they would be working on this.
Read on to know more about the way to flash the CyanogenMod 9 ROM on Asus Eee Pad Transformer.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and the official company isn’t the creator of the ROM, there can be a few bugs on the ROM as it hasn’t been released by the company. Warranty of the mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE. Read on to know more about the bugs:
Bugs on this ROM
- MicroSD/USB sticks won’t mount automatically without a small fix on first boot. We’re working on a better fix.
- Face unlock is enabled, but fails when trying to unlock(requires entering PIN).
- Onscreen touch keyboard pops up when docked, when tapping text boxes.
- GPS might be slow to lock.
- Reboot to Recovery menu option doesn’t work yet.
- Dock battery level not detected
- When plugged into a PC via USB, it shows it’s charging, when it’s really not.
- [Dock Bug] The following soft keys do NOT work as of yet:
Wifi, bluetooth, trackpad/touchpad, brightness down, brightness up, auto brightness, camera, settings, mute.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the Recovery Tool. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to CyanogenMod 9 ROM on Eee Pad Transformer
- The instructions are working for Asus Eee Pad Transformer Wifi Only, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Asus Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Rooted device with CWM Recovery Installed.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
How to Install CyanogenMod 9 ROM on Eee Pad Transformer
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download the CM9 ROM and the Google Apps Package.
- Transfer both files to the root of your SD Card.
- Reboot into CWM Recovery.
- Once, you’re in the CWM Screen, select “wipe data/factory reset” and “wipe cache”, confirm both by selecting “YES“. Then select “advanced” >>> “Wipe Dalvik cache” and confirm the same.
- Now select “Install zip from sdcard” >>> “choose zip from sdcard“, now select both the files one by one which you had transferred earlier on the device.
- Now “Go Back” and “reboot system now“.
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed the CM9 ROM on Asus Eee Pad Transformer.