Nook Color is the second widely used Android tablet especially it has strong market in United States. A good news for the Nook Color tablet users as they can install Android 4.0.1 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system on their tablet although this is not the official one. This custom leak comes from Cyanogen Mod 9 team and in this article we will show you on how you can install Android 4.0.1 ICS CyanogenMod9 on your Nook color tablet.
Before going through the actual procedure you need to ensure some of the pre requisites for the smooth upgrade process. Follow them below –
- You should take backup of all the things on your mobile phone, you can make use of the following -
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore,
Songs, Videos & Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down manually via “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- Ensure that your tablet has minimum of 80 % battery life. Its better you charge your phone completely and then proceed with the update.
- This process will certainly need your phone to accept USB debugging. Please enable it by going through Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- In case you want to revert back to the current existing Android version on your tablet, you should make a Nandroid backup of the existing Android version on Nook Color. This is not compulsory but we advise you to take the backup.
Disclaimer : We are not responsible for anything happens to your tablet if you proceed with this firmware update. We ensure that procedure mentioned here is 100 % true.
Procedure to Flash ICS Android 4.0.1 on Nook Color
Follow the below procedure to get Android Ice Cream Sandwich on your tablet –
- You need to download the CyanogenMod 9 ICS ROM.
- Connect your Nook Color tablet using the USB cable to PC and copy the zip file as it is on the root of your SD card, place it where you can easily access it and remember its path.
- Turn off your tablet and you need to get it in ClockWorkMod Recovery. You can get it by continuously holding the N Key along with Power button for 5 to 10 seconds.
- In the ClockWorkMod Recovery you need to choose the option ‘wipe data/factory reset’ from the menu.
- After that you need to select the option ‘Install Zip from sdcard’.
- Browse for the zip file on your sd card which you have placed earlier. The file should be update-cm-9.0-0-encore-emmc-sneakpeek1-fullofbugs.zip.
- Wait for few minutes to get your device flashed with the new ROM.
- Finally when the process completes, you will again see the menu, choose the option ‘reboot system now’.
- If you have done it correctly you will see that CyanogenMod 9 has flashed your Nook Color tablet with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS.
- Done. You can check for the Android version by going through Menu > Settings > About tablet and check the Android version.
You can check for the Android ICS on your tablet and let us know how do you feel using the comment section here.