Some days ago we wrote about the process to update your Google Nexus S 4G to the latest Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware. So, our today catch’s on How To Install Touch Based recovery in Google Nexus S 4G, and due course of this article we’ll be covering up the process to install clockworkMod Recovery on your device.
Note: Your mobile phone should be rooted, in order to install the ClockWorkMod Recovery on your device, and remember that rooting the device voids the warranty of the device, You can restore the warranty using the STOCK ROM of the device which can be found on the internet.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official process to install anything on your device and the clockworkmod recovery has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the Recovery Mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install ClockworkMod Recovery in Your Google Nexus S 4G
- The instructions are working for Nexus S 4G, Originally manufactured.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 80% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Your device should be rooted.
- Android SDK Should be installed in your computer.
Install ClockworkMod Recovery in Your Google Nexus S 4G
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the CWM recovery installed successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download the CWM Touch Based Recovery Image file to your computer.
- Copy the file in your /Tools directory inside the Androfid SDK folder.
- Power off the Nexus S 4G device, now hold Volume Up + Power Button and wait till the device gets booted into the bootloader mode.
- Connect your Nexus S 4G to your computer using the Original USB Cable.
- Now, Shoot up “command prompt” on your computer and enter this command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-18.104.22.168-crespo4g.img
- Once the process is fully complete, your mobile phone will restart itself upon the completion.
You’ve successfully installed CWM Touch Based Recovery in your Google Nexus S 4G device.