MIUI ROM development has been suddenly increased, more and more devices are getting daily updates. Today, the MIUI 4 ROM has been arrived for the Nexus S 4G which will allow you to install Android 4.0 on your device along with the MIUI 4 Look. The ROM has been ported by XDA developer fergie716 from the Braimaster’s MIUI ROM for Nexus S. Read on to know more about the flashing process.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and Samsung isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be flashed to the Mobile phone using the Recovery mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install MIUI 4 ROM on Nexus S 4G
- The instructions are working for Nexus S 4G, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Nexus S Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Your device should have CWM Recovery Installed.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
How to Install MIUI 4 ROM on Nexus S 4G
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download the MIUI 4 ROM from the official development thread.
- Now, Transfer all the files you’ve downloaded to the root of your mobile phone’s SD Card.
- Turn off your mobile phone. Boot into CWM recovery mode. To access recovery mode Press and Hold Volume UP + Power Button wait till the device boots up.
- Once you’re on the CWM Recovery Screen. Perform a full wipe, select “Wipe data/factory reset” and confirm by selection “Yes“. Select “Wipe Cache” and confirm by selecting “yes“, and after that go to Advanced >> “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and confirm again by selecting “yes“. Now, select “format boot” then select “Yes” to confirm. Then Go back to the main recovery menu.
- Now, select “install zip from sdcard” >> “Choose zip from sdcard” >> Confirm by selecting “Yes“.
- After the ROM is completely flashed onto the device, go back and “reboot system now“.
You’ve successfully installed MIUI 4 ROM on Nexus S 4G