The Nexus S is one of the most famous device which was the first device to adopt the full stable version of the Android Ice Cream Sandwich edition. Non-official updates are still coming for many devices. As, Nexus S is a Google Mobile Phone that’s why it is the only device that always receives the updates first, and yeah! the device is first to receive the Android 4.0.4 update.
A Member of XDA Community named mrxkills, recently posted about the leak, that the official firmware update, for the Nexus S 4G or the CDMA variant of the Nexus S device. There have been many leaks for the Android ICS firmware version 4.0.3 but this is the first leaked firmware of Android ICS version 4.0.4 which is the newest one.
Those who are holding Nexus devices can update to Android ICS 4.0.4 without any fear as this update is leaked official, and is having several bug fixes and new features.
Features of the Android 4.0.4 ROM
- A New Software Modem
- A New Bootloader
- New Build Number – IMM26
- Android 4.0.4 ICS
- WiMAX Radio working!
- Almost, all features are reported working.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an updating process that is applicable for the device named Nexus S and has to be applied to the Galaxy Tab using the recovery mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone is done in wrong way. Unless and until you aren’t aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install Android 4.0.4 on Nexus S
- The instructions are working for Nexus S, Model: SPH-D720 Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Samsung Device drivers installed in your computer.
- Your Nexus S should be rooted.
- Your Battery should be 100% charged.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
Install Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich on Nexus S
Visit the official XDA development thread to read about the Flashing process, and to read the reviews of the ROM that has been leaked out. (Update: The official thread is unavailable, we’ll be updating the links soon!)
- Download IMM26 Firmware, Contains Kernel for ICS, and . [Links Updated!]
- Now, Watch the well explained video on how to install Android ICS 4.0.4 on Your Nexus S.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully installed Android ICS 4.0.4 Firmware on your Nexus S.