It looks like that developers are always back to come up with Android 4.0 update with so many devices and especially for those which will not receive the Android 4.0 update are most looked for. We know that Cyanogen Mod team is continuously working towards the new ROM all the way. The Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update is arrived for HTC Amaze 4G smartphone.
Here in this article we will show you on how you can upgrade your HTC Amaze 4G smartphone with the Android 4.0 ICS based CyanogenMod 9 firmware. But before we proceed to steps to install the updates we will go through the pre upgrade instructions.
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Follow the pre upgrade instructions below -
- You should be required to have the HTC Amaze 4G rooted with ClockWorkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Please ensure that you should have more than 70 % battery left on your mobile phone.
- It’s quite important to backup most of the things on your phone. Make use of the following utilities –
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Songs, Videos & Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down manually via “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone follow the path of Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and you would be able to enable it.
- All the antivirus or the firewall should be disable for certain period of time.
Disclaimer : Users must understand the risk involved in the custom ROM upgrade as it might tend to break the warranty on your phone. We are not responsible for anything happens to your phone if you proceed with the upgrade here.
Now we will head to the firmware upgrade procedure.
Android 4.0 CyanogenMod 9 HTC Amaze 4G – Procedure
Follow the below instructions –
- Download the latest version of the ROM of the HTC Amaze 4G.
- Also download the Google Apps package. This is for the Market, Gmail, etc.,
- Now transfer the downloaded zip files from the above to the root of your SD card on your phone.
- Turn off your phone so that you can enter it in the ClockWorkMod Recovery. In the recovery mode you can use the volume buttons to navigate and the power or the home button to select the options.
- Perform the Nandroid Backup of the existing ROM so that you have a backup of the existing ROM on your phone. To go with a back you need to select Backup and Restore and then select Backup again.
- Now you need to select the options of Wipe Data/Factory Reset and then select Wipe Cache Partition and select Yes in the next step for the confirmation.
- Now Select Install Zip from SD card and then select the option Choose from the Zip from SD card.
- Navigate to files which you have moved to SD card.
- After the ROM installation is finished, select “++++ Go Back ++++” from the main recovery menu.
- Now again select Install zip from SD card and then select the gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip to install the Google Apps Package.
- After the installation is done for the Google Apps you need to select the options Go Back and then select reboot system now and reboot the phone.
Congratulations you have now installed the CyanogenMod 9 on the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on your HTC Amaze 4G and if you find any issues during the firmware upgrade. Do let us know how you feel about the features included in the pack.