HTC Devices seems to be receiving too much developers love today, we’ve covered up the installation procedures to install Android 4.0.3 on HTC Sensation and HTC Wildfire, and now it’s HTC Desire’s Turn. The ROM has been dubbed as the “AOKP rom for Bravo” which is an abbreviation for “Android Open Kang Project ROM for Bravo” Bravo is another name for the HTC Desire. The ROM is still under development so bugs are expected to be there, read on to see the features and the installation procedure of this ROM.
Features of the AOKP ROM
Quoted From the dev thread at XDA
- Based on latest AOKP sources
- Live Wallpapers
- Weather Fixes and Improvements
- Light in size; most downloadable apps removed
- Power key can be used as shutter key in camera
- Toggle-able adb notification
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and HTC isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the recovery mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install Android 4.0.3 ROM on HTC Desire
- The instructions are working for HTC Desire, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- HTC Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
- Your device should be Rooted with CWM Recovery installed.
- Stock HBOOT.
Install Android ICS 4.0.3 ROM on Your HTC Desire
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download the AOKP ROM and Google Apps Package to your computer and transfer both files to the root of your SD Card.
- Turn off the mobile phone in order to boot it in the CWM Recovery mode. The recovery mode can be accessed by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power Button. Now, Operate using the Volume Rocker keys and select “bootloader“. Once in bootloader select “recovery” and press the power button to select it.
- Now, Perform a full wipe, select “Wipe data/factory reset” and confirm by selection “Yes“.
- Select “Wipe Cache Partition” and confirm by selecting “yes“.
- Select “Advanced” from the main screen and select “Wipe dalvik cache” and confirm by selecting “Yes“.
- Now, scroll down to select “install zip from sdcard” > “choose zip from sdcard” and select both the files which we had transferred earlier to the device one-by-one.
- Once, both files are flashed on the mobile phone. Go back to the main screen and select “reboot system now” to restart the device.
Congo!! You’ve successfully updated your HTC Desire with Android ICS 4.0.3 AOKP Custom ROM.