After updating Galaxy S II and Google Nexus S with the Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update, it’s now the turn of HTC Droid Incredible 2 to turn out with this update. Here in this article we will go through on how you can update your Droid Incredible 2 with Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich. Here in this article we will be using the help of Cyanogen Mod 9, though it’s not an official ROM it’s a trusted one.
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Make sure you have gone through the following pre upgrade instructions –
- For this update to work successfully your device should be Droid Incredible 2 smartphone and its shouldn’t be any other variant of HTC Droid Incredible.
- With this update all the data on your phone will be lost. Make use of the following Android applications –
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Songs, Videos & Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down manually via “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- Atleast you should have 70 % battery left on your Droid Incredible 2.
- Disable all the antivirus suites or the firewall on your PC.
- You need to enable USB debugging in your phone. It can be enabled using the ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’.
Once you have done these we are now ready to upgrade your phone.
Disclaimer : Neither we nor the developer should be held responsible if you proceed with this firmware upgrade. We ensure that everything is working perfectly here and the chances of your phone getting bricked is very less. Please follow instructions carefully.
Install Android 4.0.3 on HTC Droid Incredible 2 Procedure
Follow the instructions mentioned below carefully –
- First you need to download the Cyanogen Mod9 firmware pack and the Google Apps Pack from here directly on to your PC.
- Next, you need to connect your phone using the USB cable to the PC and move the files which you have downloaded to the root of your SD card.
- Disconnect the HTC Droid Incredible 2 USB cable once the transfer of file is done and turn it off as you have to boot it into recovery mode. For Droid Incredible 2, you can get the device in recovery mode by pressing the volume down button + power button for few seconds simultaneously until you see the recovery menu screen.
- Once you are there in the recovery mode, you must select the option ‘install zip from sd card’ and then choose the zip file from sd card and finally navigate to the folder where the package is located. Select the download ICS pack.
- Once that is completed, the device will return to the recovery screen and now repeat the process to select the Google Apps pack now.
- Once that is done, you will be again back to the recovery screen.
- In the recovery screen you need to select ++++Go Back++++ and then finally choose the option of ‘reboot system now’ to restart your phone.
- Within some time your phone will boot in normal mode and you will see the Ice Cream Sandwich on your phone as well. If the phone doesn’t restart in 3 to 5 minutes, then remove the battery and re insert it back and check back now.
So do lets us know if you face any issues during this upgrade process.