This is a fabulous news for those holding the Evo 3D CDMA, you can now update your device to Sense 4.0 with Android 4.0.3. The XDA Developer community member named “TMartin” has developed the ROM, he has ported the Virtuos X ROM for the HTC Sensation to Evo 3D CDMA. The ROM is based on Android ICS 4.0.3 and comes with Sense UI. Read on to know more about the installation procedure.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and HTC isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Features of this ROM
What to expect:
- It Boots!!!!
- First boot takes a little while…especially after you first unlock to get to setup
- Android 4.0.3
- Sense 4.0
- Working sound
- SD Card works
- USB works for ADB
- Mount sd to PC isn’t working
- No Data, Voice, Bluetooth or WiFi…….yet
- It’s actually pretty quick
- Not much more than what’s listed above
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the ODIN Tool. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Sense 4.0 ROM for HTC Evo 3D
- The instructions are working for Evo 3D CDMA, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- HTC Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
How to Install Sense 4.0 ROM on HTC Evo 3D
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download the Android 4.0.3 ROM from XDA Dev Thread.
- Transfer the downloaded file to the root of your SD Card and turn off the mobile phone and reboot into CWM Recovery.
- Now, perform a full wipe on your device. As soon as you’re on the CWM Screen, select “Mounts and Storage” >> “Format System” >> Yes. Now, select “Format Data” then “Format Cache” and confirm by selecting YES. Go to Advanced >> Wipe Dalvik Cache >>YES.
- Now, select “install zip from sdcard” then “choose zip from sdcard” and select the file which we had transferred to the mobile phone in step 2.
- Now “go back” and select “reboot system now“.
- The first boot can take longer then usual, so wait for the device to reboot first. The other reboot’s will be normal.
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed the Android ICS ROM with Sense 4.0 on your HTC Evo 3D.