HTC Evo 3D has got a new ROM based on Android ICS 4.0 for it’s own. Today, a new alpha build for the mobile phone has been announced, based on the CM9 and Android ICS 4.0 obviously. For those who are waiting for HTC to announce the update for the device can now install the Android ICS CM9 Custom ROM on their device to enjoy the same. This ROM is still in it’s pre-alpha stage so you cannot expect everything to work perfect, but within some time new updates would surely come regarding the ICS Update for this device. Read on to know more about the bugs and non-working things that are reported by the users.
Bugs Currently Present in the ROM
- SD Card Mount To PC
- In call mute
- 4G Wimax
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the recovery mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install CM9 on HTC Evo 3D
- The instructions are working for HTC Evo 3D, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- HTC Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
- Perform a Nandroid Backup always before flashing your device.
- Rooted HTC Sensation, along with CWM Recovery installed.
How to Install CM9 ROM on HTC Evo 3D
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download the CM9 Package and the Google Apps Package, transfer both the files to the root of your SD Card.
- Turn off the device, reboot into CWM Recovery.
- Select “Wipe data/factory reset” and confirm by selection “Yes“.
- Now, Go into “mounts and storage” then “format system” select “Yes“. Similarly clear the “format cache“.
- Now, select “install zip from sdcard” > “choose zip from sdcard“. Select the zip files which we had transferred earlier on the device, do the same for Google Apps Package also.
- Both the files will be flashed onto the device and CM9 will be installed.
You’ve successfully installed CM9 Android ICS ROM on HTC Evo 3D.