HTC Evo 4G users can now install Android ICS 4.0.3 ROM on their devices to enjoy the same. The ROM has been developed by some developer named deck at the Rootzwiki developer forum, the ROM gives you an fair chance to try Android Ice Cream Sandwich on your device, but the ROM is still under the alpha stage so you cannot expect the real ICS On your device for sure. But development is still being done and soon all of these bugs will be ironed out from the ROM for sure.
Read on to know more about the way to flash the Android ICS 4.0.3 ROM on HTC Evo 4G Android Mobile Phone.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and the official company isn’t the creator of the ROM, there can be a few bugs on the ROM as it hasn’t been released by the company. Warranty of the mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
- Camera preview, etc.
- Gallery edit, causes a FC due to out of memory.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the Recovery Tool. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install Android ICS ROM on Evo 4G
- The instructions are working for HTC Evo 4G, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- HTC Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Rooted device with CWM Recovery installed.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
How to Install Android ICS ROM on Evo 4G
Disclaimer: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then your device can brick, remember Neither me nor thedroidnation.com is held responsible in case your device gets bricked. Proceed at your own risk, and always make sure that you’ve checked all essential pre-requisites.
- Download the ICS ROM and the Gapps Package.
- Transfer both the files to the root of your SD Card.
- Boot Into CWM Recovery.
- Now, Select “wipe data/factory reset” then select “YES” to confirm the same.
- Now select “Install zip from sdcard” >>> “choose zip from sdcard“, now select the files one-by-one which you had transferred earlier on the device. Make sure that you flash the ICS ROM first.
- After the completion “Go Back” and “reboot system now“.
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed Android ICS ROM on HTC Evo 4G.