You know that HTC One S is new device which is recently has arrived in United States and its yet not fully launched in various countries. But before this device arrives, there is rooting available and users can easily jail break the HTC phone as soon as they purchase this.
Follow the procedure mentioned below to root your HTC One S smartphone with easy steps.
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Follow the below mentioned pre upgrade instructions before rooting your phone –
- For this update to work successfully make sure that this new phone is the HTC One S and no other phone manufactured by HTC Corporation.
- With this update all the data on your phone will be lost. Make use of the following Android applications –
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Songs, Videos & Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down manually via “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- Atleast you should have 70 % battery left on your phone. Its recommended that you fully charged your mobile phone but 70 % is the minimum threshold as your phone shouln’t land in trouble.
- Disable all the antivirus suites or the firewall on your PC which may cause interruption during the process of the rooting.
- You need to enable USB debugging in your phone. It can be enabled using the ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’.
Once you have done these we are now ready to upgrade your phone.
Rooting HTC One S Procedure
To root your newly purchase HTC One S smartphone you need to follow the easiest procedure which is mentioned below –
- Download the HTC One S Rooting package to your PC and it’s a zip file. Make sure that you download it fully.
- Unzip the files on your PC and it will contain the two files adb-windows and fastboot-windows which are basically the exe files. Run the exe files and install the same on your PC.
- Now you need to turn off your HTC One S phone and enter it in Boot Loader mode. One can easily HTC One S smartphone in bootloader by holding the Volume down button and holding that you need to tap on the power button simultaneously for few minutes. You should get your device in the bootloader mode.
- Once the phone gets in the bootloader mode, you need to connect your phone using the USB cable.
- Now once that is done, you need to install the superboot-windows which is located in the same package which you have downloaded in Step 1.
- And that will gain root access on your mobile phone.
We are confident that this is the easiest method by which one can achieve the root access on their mobile phone. Tune in for more tutorials coming out for HTC One S and other HTC smartphones.