It’s a feel good factor when your phone is new one and with HTC One S on your hand you will have the same feelings. Good news for the people who like to try out various stuff on the open source platform as HTC One S gets ClockworkMod Recovery. Here in this article we will show you on how you can install the clockworkmod recovery on your mobile phone.
Before going through the procedure of installation, you need to first unlock the boot loaders on your One S smartphone. This can be done officially from the HTC’s own website of htcdev.com by creating an account, then click on unlock boot loader tab and get started. Once you have that you are now ready to install the clockworkmod recovery on your phone.
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Along with unlock of the boot loaders, follow the below mentioned pre upgrade instructions –
- Your phone should be HTC One S and it shouldn’t be carrier locked.
- Regardless of the Android version on your One S you can install CWM. To check for the version of Android follow the path of Menu > Settings > About Phone and check the built number.
- Please make sure that you have a minimum of 70 % battery life left on your phone. This is to ensure that you don’t run out of battery during the procedure.
- You need to backup your existing files and make use of the following apps -
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Songs, Videos & Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down manually via “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- You should enable USB debugging on your phone. To enable USB debugging on your phone follow the path of Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and you would be able to enable it.
- All the antivirus or the firewall should be disable for certain period of time.
Disclaimer : Neither we nor the developer should be held responsible for this firmware. We have ensured that everything is working fine.
Install Clockworkmod Touch Recovery on HTC One S
- Ensuring that boot loaders are unlocked you need to first download the fastboot files on your PC.
- · Next you need to download the Clockworkmod recovery from the source website. The files are r1-modaco-recovery-clockwork-touch-ville.img and ville_recovery_signed.img.
- Once the fastboot files is download, you need to extract the zip file and it will give you four files inside the archive.
- Now you need to copy the r1-modaco-recovery-clockwork-touch-ville.img files to same folder where you have extracted the four files.
- Runs command prompt on your windows PC and it can be accessed via Start > search for run and then type cmd to get the command prompt.
- Once that is done, switch off your One S smartphone so that you can enter it in fastboot mode. This can be done by booting it in bootloader mode by holding the volume down button and then pressing the power key. Once you get that select fastboot mode using the volume rockers keys for navigation and power button to select the highlighted option. Make sure you get in the fastboot mode.
- Coming back to command prompt, go inside the folder where the fastboot files are extracted and inside that folder hold the shift key on keyboard along with that you need to press the right click on your mouse at any empty white space inside the folder. You get various options and you need to select “Open Command Windows Here” and this will directly take you to the fastboot folder path in command prompt and keep it open.
- In the command prompt type fastboot and hit enter.
- Once your HTC One S is listed in cmd window, you are ready to flash the recovery.
- For flashing type fastboot flash recovery r1-modaco-recovery-clockwork-touch-ville.img and press enter.
- Within sometime ClockworkMod recovery will be installed on your phone and then type fastboot reboot to restart One S.
With that you have flashed your HTC One S smartphone with Clockworkmod Touch recovery.