HTC Rezound users can now Install Android ICS 4.0.3 ROM AOSP, Here AOSP means no sense in the ROM. People tired of the sense UI delivered with every HTC mobile phone can install this ROM. The ROM is based on the latest Android ICS 4.0.3 Firmware which was leaked for HTC Rezound.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and HTC isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be flashed to the Mobile phone using the Recovery mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install AOSP ROM on HTC Rezound
- The instructions are working for HTC Rezound, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- HTC Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Your Device should be rooted along with that it should have CWM Recovery installed.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
How to Install AOSP ROM on HTC Rezound
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download the AOSP ROM.
- Transfer the zip file to the root of your SD Card.
- Turn off your mobile phone and boot into recovery mode.
- Perform a full wipe now, select “Wipe data/factory reset” and confirm by selecting “Yes“. Then select “Advanced ” then format system finally confirm by selecting “Yes“. Now, last one select “format boot” >> Yes To Confirm. Now Go back to the main recovery menu.
- Now, select “install zip from sdcard” >> “Choose zip from sdcard” >> Select the file which you had transferred earlier to your device.
- After the installation is complete the mobile phone will itself boot into the bootloader mode, Press Power Button and the Volume UP Button.
You’ve successfully installed Android ICS 4.0.3 ROM on HTC Rezound.