The Sony Xperia S smartphone is much known for the user interface that it has and its something unique not found in most of the phones. If you are the owner of HTC Sensation smartphone then you can get this user interface on your phone now. Thanks to the XDA member developer which has come up with Xperianse ROM which just looks like the Timescape UI used in Sony’s Xperia phones but it’s the hybrid of both HTC Sense UI and Timescape UI. The good this is that this will bring the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS on your phone although not official.
Read out further on you can install the Xperianse ROM on your HTC Sensation smartphone.
- Bravia Engine
- Dolby mobile surround sound
- Gallery, clock, calculator and browser from Xperia S
- Cosmic Flow Live wallpaper
- 100 % stable
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Follow the pre required instructions –
- It’s important that HTC Sensation smartphone that you have must be rooted and it should have installed the ClockWorkMod recovery on it.
- Please ensure that you should have more than 70 % battery left on your mobile phone.
- It’s quite important to backup most of the things on your phone. Make use of the following utilities –
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Songs, Videos & Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down manually via “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone follow the path of Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and you would be able to enable it.
- All the antivirus or the firewall should be disable for certain period of time.
Disclaimer : Users must understand the risk involved in the custom ROM upgrade as it might tend to break the warranty on your phone. We are not responsible for anything happens to your phone if you proceed with the upgrade here.
Now we will head to the firmware upgrade procedure.
Installing Xperianse ROM on HTC Sensation Procedure
Follow the below mentioned procedure carefully –
- First download the Xperianse ROM for HTC Sensation Package on your PC.
- Now transfer the ROM package to the root of your SD card by connecting your phone using the USB Cable to the PC.
- Remove the USB cable and turn off your computer so that we can boot it in ClockWorkMod Recovery.
- One can easily boot a smartphone in the ClockWorkMod Recovery by pressing and holding the volume down button and the power button. From the HBOOT menu you need to press the volume down and then select recovery option.
- In the recovery menu to move from one selection to another press the volume up and down keys and to make selection on the highlighted options use the power button.
- Performing a Nandroid backup on your existing ROM is an optional step, but we suggest you to take a backup. To do that you need to select the option Backup and then select the Restore and in the next option select the Backup.
- Go back to the recovery menu after the backup is completed.
- Now you need to perform the wipe data partition/factory reset, then do wipe cache and then by going through advanced menu you need to select wipe dalvik cache and then select Yes in the next step to wipe dalvik cache.
- Now you need to select Install Zip from SD card and then select Choose zip from SD card. Navigate to the folder in your SD card where the ROM package is located, select it.
- After confirmation in the next screen, the flashing of the files will start.
- Once the flashing is done, you need to select Go Back and then select Reboot system now to reboot your phone with the new settings.
Congratulations, with that you have now applied the Xperianse ROM on your HTC Sensation smartphone. Do let us know how do you feel about this ROM on your mobile.