Firmware leaks are not so new thing for Samsung and HTC, both of these company firmware’s are being leaked every other day. Here’s another one, the Android Ice Cream Sandwich ROM for HTC Sensation XE. The users who love the Sense UI along with the Android ICS Firmware can install this ROM and enjoy with the same. This is an Rom Update Utility ROM v3.30.401.101. Let’s read on to know more about the installation procedure.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been leaked by mistake from HTC and still there can be many bugs on the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the Recovery Tool. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Android ICS ROM on HTC Sensation XE
- The instructions are working for HTC Sensation XE, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- HTC Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
How to Install Android 4.0.3 for HTC Sensation XE
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Disable fastboot on your device, Settings >> Power >> Fastboot.
- Download the RUU Utility from the XDA Dev thread.
- Reboot your device to the bootloader (can be accessed by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power Button), You’ll see hboot and fastboot highlighted on the bootloader screen.
- Now, launch the RUU.exe file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- As soon as the update is complete, disconnect your mobile phone.
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed Android 4.0.3 ROM on your HTC Sensation XE.