We’ve already covered up the installation procedures to install MIUI 4 ROM on Kindle Fire, Samsung Fascinate, and now it’s HTC sensation’s turn now you can install the cool looking Custom ROM on your device, and due course of this article we’ll be covering up the process to install Android ICS on your device. Remember, this ROM is still on the pre-beta stage you cannot expect this ROM to work perfect but it’s worth trying because it has MIUI 4 look and ICS 4.0.3.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and HTC isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the recovery mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install MIUI 4 ROM on HTC Sensation
- The instructions are working for HTC Sensation, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- HTC Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
- Your device should be Rooted with CWM Recovery installed.
- Your Firmware version should be 3.12 or higher.
How to Install MIUI 4 ROM on HTC Sensation
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download MIUI 4 ROM on your device.
- Transfer the downloaded file to the SD Card of your mobile phone and now turn off your HTC sensation.
- Now, Bring your mobile phone to CWM Recovery mode. The CWM Recovery can be accessed by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power button and now operate the HBOOT menu using the Volume Rocker Keys.
- Now, Perform a full wipe, select “Wipe data/factory reset” and confirm by selection “Yes“.
- Select “Wipe Cache Partition” and confirm by selecting “yes“.
- Now, scroll down and select “install zip from sdcard” > “choose zip from sdcard” and select the file which we had transferred to the SD Card earlier in Step 2.
- The Custom ROM will be flashed onto the device.
Congo!! You’ve successfully installed MIUI 4 ROM on your HTC Sensation.