Another Custom CyanogenMod 9 ROM based on Android ICS 4.0.3 has come out. This time the ROM has been arrived for the HTC Sensation. XDA Developer named “Vorbeth” has released the test build of the Latest CyanogenMod9 and the ROM has been dubbed as the “Open sensation ROM“. The ROM is still in the Pre-Alpha stage so everything cannot work as expected, the ROM is worth trying if you wanna get the Android ICS 4.0.3 Taste on your HTC Sensation. As this one is CyanogenMod 9 development is taken very seriously we can soon expect a stable rom on the way that is being developed by the developers. Read on to know more about the installation procedure and the issues in the ROM.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the recovery mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install CM9 ROM on HTC Sensation
- The instructions are working for HTC Sensation, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- HTC Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
- Rooted HTC Sensation with CWM Recovery installed.
How to Install CM9 ROM on HTC Sensation
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download the CM9 ROM and Google Apps Package from the official development thread at XDA.
- Transfer both files to the root of your SD Card.
- Now, Bring your mobile phone to CWM Recovery mode. The CWM Recovery can be accessed by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power button and now operate the HBOOT menu using the Volume Rocker Keys.
- Now, Perform a full wipe, select “Wipe data/factory reset” and confirm by selection “Yes“.
- Select “Wipe Cache Partition” and confirm by selecting “yes“. Clear the Dalvik Cache too from the advanced menu.
- Now, from the main recovery screen, select “install zip from sdcard” > “choose zip from sdcard” and install both files one-by-one, remember to install CM9 First and then the Google Apps Package.
- After flashing is complete, go back and “reboot system now“.
That’s It, You’ve successfully installed Android ICS 4.0.3 on HTC Sensation!