Different ROMs are being created for different devices based on the Sense 4.0 since the ROM of HTC One Series mobile phone was leaked, the same was ported to many devices. OrDroid is an Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich based ROM that has been created by the XDA Developer named “shnizlon“. The ROM brings ICS Feel along with Sense 4.0 from HTC to your HTC Sensation. Read on to find out the process to install the OrDroid ROM on HTC Sensation.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and the official company isn’t the creator of the ROM, there can be a few bugs on the ROM as it hasn’t been released by the company. Warranty of the mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the Recovery Tool. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install OrDroid ROM on HTC Sensation
- The instructions are working for HTC Sensation, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- HTC device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Rooted device with CWM Recovery installed.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
How to Install OrDroid ROM on HTC Sensation
Disclaimer: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then your device can brick, remember Neither me nor thedroidnation.com is held responsible in case your device gets bricked. Proceed at your own risk, and always make sure that you’ve checked all essential pre-requisites.
- Download the latest version of the ROM from the official development thread at XDA.
- Transfer the file to the root of your SD Card.
- Turn off the mobile phone and now boot into CWM Recovery, to do so, press and hold Volume Down + Power Button. Then From the HBOOT Menu, select “recovery”.
- Now you’re on the recovery screen. Select “wipe data/factory reset” then “wipe cache” and confirm the same.
- Now go to “advanced” and select “wipe dalvik cache” and confirm.
- Now select “Install zip from sdcard” >>> “choose zip from sdcard“, now select the file which you had transferred earlier on the device.
- Confirm the installation, and wait till the completion.
- Now, Go back and select “reboot system now”.
- Note : There is some bug in the ROM that prevents the mobile phone from running any animations. As soon as the device boots up go to Settings >> Display and turn off all animations.
That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the OrDroid Custom ROM on HTC Sensation.