HTC Thunderbolt 4G is awaiting for the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich since a long time now and looks like HTC has forgotten this device completely. Here comes the unofficial custom ROM for the Thunderbolt 4G dubbed as Sense 3.5 Eternity ROM. In the due course of article we will go through the procedure to update your phone with the same and also see the improvements and enhancements included in this firmware upgrade.
Improvements & Enhancements
This update includes the following improvements and enhancements -
- Supports Full Beats Audios
- Full HTC Sense 3.5 interface
- SD card speed tweaked
- Battery auto calibration scripted
- Stock % battery display
- 5 in one reboot menu
- Fully working camera
- Volume key screen on tweaked
- Autowipe removed
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Please make sure that you have gone through the following pre upgrade instructions –
- For this update to work successfully your Thunderbolt 4G smartphone should be rooted and boot loaders are unlocked.
- With this update all the data on your phone will be lost. Make use of the following Android applications –
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Songs, Videos & Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down manually via “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- Atleast you should have 60 % battery left on your mobile phone.
- Disable all the antivirus suites or the firewall on your PC.
- You need to enable USB debugging in your phone. It can be enabled using the ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’.
Once you have done these we are now ready to upgrade your phone.
Disclaimer : Neither we nor the developer should be held responsible if you proceed with this firmware upgrade. We ensure that everything is working perfectly here and the chances of your phone getting bricked is very less. Please follow instructions carefully.
Procedure to Update HTC Thunderbolt 4G with Eternity ROM
Follow the below procedure carefully without leaving a single step -
- First and the foremost thing, download Sense 3.5 Eternity Firmware zip pack.
- Connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable and copy the downloaded zip file to your device.
- Remove the USB cable and turn off your device to enter it in recovery mode. For HTC Thunderbolt you can get into recovery mode by pressing the volume down button + power button simultaneously for few seconds. Once you do that you will get the following screen on your phone –
- In the recovery mode you need to select the option ‘install zip from sd card’ and then choose zip from sd card by locating the files that you have downloaded on your phone.
- Once the installation is done, you will be redirected back to your recovery screen. Now you need to select ++++ Go Back ++++ and then choose the option of ‘reboot system now’ to reboot your device.
- Now your phone will be with the new Sense 3.5 Eternity Firmware. If the phone doesn’t boot for about 3 minutes, reinsert the battery. Check for the Android version by going through Settings > About Phone.
With that you have updated your phone with the Sense 3.5 Eternity Firmware and do let us know about it using the comment sections below.