HTC Vivid users can now install Android ICS 4.0.3 on their devices. Special Thanks to the XDA Developer “Pirateghost” who has created the ROM. You can now easily flash the Android ICS ROM from AT&T using the guide written by us. The ROM comes pre-rooted, including the Sense 3.6 overlay, and AT&T Apps as well. Read on to know more about the procedure to install the same on your device.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and the official company isn’t the creator of the ROM, there can be a few bugs on the ROM as it hasn’t been released by the company. Warranty of the mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the Recovery Tool. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install Android ICS 4.0.3 ROM on HTC Vivid
- The instructions are working for HTC Vivid, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- HTC Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Rooted device with CWM Recovery installed.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
How to Install Android ICS 4.0.3 ROM on HTC Vivid
Disclaimer: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then your device can brick, remember Neither me nor thedroidnation.com is held responsible in case your device gets bricked. Proceed at your own risk, and always make sure that you’ve checked all essential pre-requisites.
- Perform a Nandroid Backup of your current ROM.
- Download the Rooted Stock Firmware on your computer from the official development thread.
- Transfer the downloaded zip file to the root of your SD Card.
- Switch off the mobile phone and reboot into CWM Recovery. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down + Power Button.
- Once you’re on the recovery screen, select “wipe data/factory reset” then confirm the same.
- Similar perform “wipe cache partition” and then “wipe dalvik cache” from the advanced menu.
- Now select “Install zip from sdcard” >>> “choose zip from sdcard“, now select the file which you had transferred earlier on the device.
- Confirm the installation, and wait till the completion.
- Now, Go back and select “reboot system now”.
That’s it, you’ve successfully updated your HTC Vivid to Android ICS 4.0.3 Firmware.