HTC Wildfire gets Cyanogen Mod 9 firmware and in this article we will go through procedure on how you can apply this update. There wouldn’t be any further updates for HTC Wildfire S as HTC has discontinued this model. This update will bring Android 4.0 ICS released to the phone and Jelly Bean update will be out soon as well. Let us tell you that Cyanogen Mod is the unofficial team providing the custom firmware, they are very famous when it comes to custom firmware’s.
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Follow the below mentioned pre upgrade instructions to your HTC Wildfire S device –
You Should backup before proceeding with this update on your phone. Make use of the following applications.
Also you should make sure that your HTC Wildfire has 50 % battery life although we recommend to have full charge to your phone.
By applying this update to your phone, the warranty on your phone would void. And also users must understand the risk involved in the custom firmwares.
Enhancements & Improvements Included
This update includes the following enhancements & improvements -
- Fixed QR code scanners
- Android 4.0 ICS based firmware
- Stock version of Cyanogen Mod 220.127.116.11 kernel
- Supports AOSP/AOKP kernels
- Its with all new interface
- Battery life is optimized
- Supports latest Google Play Store
- Comes with better apps management
Assuming that you have followed the above instructions, we would go through the update procedure.
Cyanogen Mod 9 Firmware for HTC Wildfire S Update Procedure
- Download the Cyanogen Mod 9 package for Wildfire S package to your PC. Once downloaded you need to connect your phone using the USB cable to the pc and transfer the content to the root of your SD card on phone.
- Now disconnect your phone and turn off the device to get your phone in the recoveyr mode. Once can easily enter Wildfire S in recovery mode by pressing the volume down key, power on button and once you see something on the screen then release the buttons.
- In the recovery mode, using the volume up and down buttons you can scroll across the selection and go through install zip from SD Card” > “Choose zip from SD Card”, select the zip file from Cyanogen Mod 9 firmware. For selection press the power button.
- So once that is applied now hit “+++Go back+++” and then tab on “Reboot System Now”.
So with that you have applied the ICS based Cyanogen Mod 9 firmware on your HTC Wildfire S phone.