MIUI ROM for HTC Wildfire has just arrived, based on the latest Android ICS 4.0.3 Version. The port has been done by the XDA Developer named “stelios97“. As we all know that all MIUI ROMs have a very beautiful UI and awesome interface, plus there are so many MIUI apps that come with the ROM. Although Camera, Video decoder and FM Radio are not working on this ROM but these bugs will be soon ironed out from the ROM as the development of the ROM is still under progress.
Read on to know more about the way to flash the MIUI 4 ROM on HTC Wildfire
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and the official company isn’t the creator of the ROM, there can be a few bugs on the ROM as it hasn’t been released by the company. Warranty of the mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE. Read on to know more about the bugs:
- GSM Data
- USB Mount
- Indetify in market
- All MIUI Apps
What’s not working:
- Video Decoder
- FM Radio
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the Recovery Tool. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install MIUI ROM on HTC Wildfire
- The instructions are working for HTC Wildfire, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- HTC Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Rooted device with CWM Recovery Installed.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
How to Install MIUI 4 ROM on your HTC Wildfire
Disclaimer: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then your device can brick, remember Neither me nor thedroidnation.com is held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download the MIUI ROM.
- Transfer the file to the root of your SD Card.
- Power off the mobile phone and boot into recovery. Hold Volume DOWN + Power Button which will take you to bootloader, once in bootloader screen select “recovery” and select Power button to select recovery.
- Now, Perform a wipe on your device. select “Mounts and Storage” >> “Format System” then select “Format Data“. After that select “Format Cache” and confirm all of these by selecting “YES“. Now, Go to Advanced >> Wipe Dalvik Cache and confirm the same.
- Now select “Install zip from sdcard” >>> “choose zip from sdcard“, now select both the files one by one which you had transferred earlier on the device.
- Now “Go Back” and “reboot system now“.
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed the MIUI 4 ROM on your HTC Wildfire.