It has been more than 7 months since the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich has made its appearance but many devices still awaits the upgrade to it. Thanks to manufacturers that they have started upgrading their top end smartphones and tablet with this update and in the coming days we will see many more device been updated with ICS package.
The official update to Huawei MediaPad has been released by Huawei and this is not the beta firmware or the custom firmware. This update can be applied to the users manually and here in this guide we will be seen the procedure on how you can upgrade with this update. Check the procedure here.
Disclaimer : Neither AndroidAdvices nor the developer would be held responsible for the anything done to your tablet if you proceed with the upgrade here. However this is highly unlikely.
Pre Upgrade Instructions
- Though pre upgrade is not compulsory but to make a secure backup of your tablet, you need to take the backup of applying the firmware. This is because you get your data lost or corrupted if the updates goes wrong and this can be applied to the same.
- Make sure that you have charged your tablet to atleast 60 % of the battery life. This is to ensure that your device doesn’t get turned off in the middle of the firmware upgrade.
- Users need to enable the USB debugging on their tablet.
- Disable on the antivirus protection and securities software installed on your PC for about 15 minutes.
Once when you are done with the above mentioned steps you are ready for the firmware upgrade.
Huawei MediaPad with Android 4.0.3 ICS Update Procedure
Follow the procedure mentioned below -
- First you need to download the Huawei MediaPad ICS Package (Alternate download) to your computer and once downloaded you need to unzip the same.
- Now connect your MediaPad tablet using the USB cable and wait until the connection has been identified.
- Once the connection is done, you need to move the dload folder into the root of the SD card.
- Now turn off the tablet so that you can enter into the recovery mode. Users can enter into the recovery mode by tapping on the volume + key and then tap on power key together for more than 2 seconds.
- The device will show up a green robot on the screen and this means that update process will be started.
- As soon as you proceed, you will see message as shown below.
- In certain circumstances fails to apply this update you will get a message as shown below and that means that you need to redo the procedure once again.
Congratulations, you have now applied the latest Ice Cream Sandwich update to Huawei Media pad tablet. Do let us know incase if that doesn’t work out for you.