After telling you the process of rooting LG Optimus ME P350, it’s time to install Custom Recovery Image on your mobile phone. The Benefit of installing Custom Recovery Image is that you can easily install Any firmware update that comes for your device, we’re not talking about the original ones we’re talking about the Custom ROMS.
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- The instructions are working for LG Optimus ME, model- P350, Originally manufactured.
- The Custom Recovery installation process won’t work for the Network locked devices, if applied on an network locked device then it can get bricked.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as these would be lost in the firmware upgrade.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Your Mobile Phone should be Rooted Already.
Install Custom Recovery Image Amon Ra GNM on LG Optimus ME P350
- Make sure that your LG Optimus ME P350 is rooted already and you computer should be having Android ADB Installed. Download the Amon RA GNM package to your computer and extract it to a new folder using the Winrar or Winzip application.
- After extracting the given package, you’ll get three files inside which includes -RA-pecan-2.2.1-GNM-drap.img, flash_image & md5sum.
- Connect your mobile phone to your computer by using the USB Cable.
- Run “Command Prompt“
- Now, check the Md5 sum by entering the given command in the command prompt window.
md5sum -c md5sum
- Now, Copy the img file and the flash_image to your mobile phone’s SD Card by entering the following commands in the Command Prompt window.
adb push recovery-RA-pecan-2.2.1-GNM-drap.img /sdcard/
adb push flash_image /sdcard/
- After doing this, you would need to login, remount your system in the RW Mode and then select the “install” flash_image utility by entering the commands given below
# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
# chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
- Now, You would need to flash your mobile phone. First, reboot your mobile phone and then enter the following commands in the command prompt window.
# flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-pecan-2.2.1-GNM-drap.img
- Now, Reboot your mobile phone by entering this command on the Command Prompt terminal screen.
# reboot recovery
So, That’s it you’ve successfully installed Custom Recovery Image on Your LG Optimus ME P350. Do let us know if you’ve faced any problem in the given process.