A New OTA Update is out for the Motorola Atrix 2 device, you can update your devices with the Same, and due course of this article we’ll be telling you the whole step-by-step process. As we know Some people tend to update their devices with the Android Firmware trend, updating again and again most probably disables the root access of your device. It might be impossible to Root your device if you’re on a Custom ROM as other-other ROMS have other-other holes.
XDA member, Michael443 has posted an excellent article, which will be guiding you about the full process (read the thread here), the updating process is awesome. The device will be updated but the Root access will be fully preserved.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the Recovery Mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install Android 2.3.6 W/ Preserved Root on your Atrix 2
- The instructions are working for Atrix 2, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Motorola Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
How to Install Android 2.3.6 ROM on your Atrix 2
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download and Install the OTA Rootkeeper application on your Atrix 2.
- Now, launch the “OTA Rootkeeper” application on your device and select “create SU backup”.
- Once the “SU Backup” is complete, select “Temp UnRoot”
- Exit the application, and now Uninstall the Superuser application and OTA Rootkeeper.
- Now, Update your device to 2.3.6 OTA Update for Atrix 2, once the update is complete and the mobile phone is rebooted, install the OTA Rootkeeper and the SuperUser application again.
- Now, Shoot up the OTA Rootkeeper application and select the option to restore root, accept the superuser prompt.
- Reboot the mobile phone.
You’ve successfully installed Android 2.3.6 OTA Update on your Motorola Atrix 2 while preserving root access