So, Finally after waiting a lot the Motorola Atrix 4G Cyanogen ROM is now available. You can now easily install Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on your Motorola Atrix 4G. The ROM has been created by the most famous Android ROMS developer Cyanogen Mod.
Note: Please note that this is not an official update provided by Motorola Inc. and you’ve to install the firmware yourself using the tools provided by the ROM developer.
All The data in your mobile phone will get erased completely, so be a smart dude and backup all of your data, contacts, and important files on your computer or somewhere else.
- The instructions are working for Motorola Atrix, 4G Originally manufactured.
- The Firmware Upgrade process won’t work for the Network locked devices, if applied on an network locked device then it can get bricked.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as these would be lost in the firmware upgrade.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Your Mobile Phone should be Rooted Already.
Installing Cyanogen Mod 9 on Motorola Atrix 4G
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download the CyanogenMod 9 Rom and the Google Apps Zip from the links to your computer. After downloading these files to your computer, connect your mobile phone to your PC using the original USB Cable and then transfer both files to the Root of your SD Card.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Turn off your Motorola Atrix 4G in order to start it in the recovery mode. To enter the recovery mode, Press the Volume Up Button and then hold the Power button together. The mobile phone will start itself in fast boot mode.
- As soon as the device gets started in the fast boot mode, press the Volume Down key in order to select the “Android Recovery” to make the device enter the “Recovery Mode“.
- In the recovery mode, choose the option “Install ROM from SD Card” after that select the Cyanogen Mod file first and wait for the file to be installed. After that, select the Google Apps file using the same function. Both the files will be installed in your Motorola Atrix 4G System and the firmware will be upgraded successfully.
- So, Once the firmware upgrade is applied successfully, select the option “++++++Go Back++++” and then select “Reboot System Now” this option will restart with CyanogenMod 9 installed in it.
Congratulations you’ve successfully installed the Cyanogen Mod 9 on your Motorola Atrix 4G.