New and new roms are coming out daily, The never ending updates are coming and today it’s the turn of Motorola Droid 3. AOKP ROM is the new Android ICS 4.0.3 ROM based on the Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) that would bring fast performance, better customization options and a lot more. The ROM has been developed by XDA Member Hashcode who also develops the CyanogenMod 9 ROMs for the Droid 3.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and Samsung isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be flashed to the Mobile phone using the Recovery mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install AOKP ROM on Droid 3
- The instructions are working for Motorola Droid 3, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Motorola Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Rooted device with CWM Installed.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
How to Install AOKP ROM on Droid 3
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download AOKP ROM and the Google Apps Package.
- Transfer both the files to the root of your SD Card.
- Then boot into CWM recovery mode.
- Once you’re on the Recovery Screen. Perform a full wipe, select “Wipe data/factory reset” and confirm by selecting “Yes“.
- Now, select “install zip from sdcard” >> “Choose zip from sdcard” >> Select the files which you had transferred earlier to your device. Install both files using the same method one by one.
- Now Go back to the main recovery menu and select “reboot system now“.
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed Android ICS on Your Motorola Droid 3