Motorola Droid 4 has been announced some days back and developers have started making tools for the mobile phone, the XDA community member named mattlgroff has released a all-in-one utility that will help you in doing everything with only a single command. At this time the fastboot files are not yet developed for the Droid 4 but with the Droid 4 utility you can do everything.
Note: Rooting voids the warranty of an mobile phone, but the warranty can be retained by flashing the STOCK ROM on your device which can be found anywhere on the internet. But never forget, rooting of your device gives many benefits, You can install Root only apps, install custom ROMS, and enjoy overclocking.
What You can Do with Droid 4 Utility Tool
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an rooting process that is applicable only for the Motorola Droid 4 Utility. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites Before Rooting, and Applying and other thing
- The instructions are working for Motorola Droid 4, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Samsung Device drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
- These steps are for backing up your data as if anything wrong is happened you’ll be able to restore the data of your device.
How To Use Motorola Droid 4 Utility Tool
- Download the Motorola Droid 4 Utility Tool from the original development thread.
- Extract the file to your desktop.
- Run the file “Droid4Utility.bat” inside the Utility package.
- A DOS Window will open up with lots of instructions. Before selecting any command make sure that your device is properly connected to the computer.
That’s it, You can easily root, Safestrap recovery and more with the Droid Tool.