So, another day and another new ROM for one new device, the XDA Member 72ls1 has released a new custom ROM of his own for the Droid Incredible, the ROM has been named as “ICS-Deck AOKP ROM“. The ROM has been ported from the ROM “IceCreamTosti v0.4” which was created for the HTC HD2. The ROM is still in the new stage so bugs are expected and can be there. The ROM has been specially created for the Droid Incredible device.
Features of The ICS Deck AOKP Custom ROM
- android 4.0.3 (IML74K)
- Romanbb AOKP Milestone 3 build ported
-Added LCD density switcher to ROM Control
-Added quick pin unlock (source)
-Added two new battery styles — CircleMOD and Text (sethyx)
-Added a ‘Reset Nav Bar’ button to RC which will reset your color and opacity to -default settings (as some of you requested)
-Added ability to change ROM Control language to English if you’re using another language
-Added HDPI/MDPI toggle images, so they should show up correctly on tablets/Nexus S phones
-Added a toggle toggle for tablets (and removed a few redundant settings)
-Added ability to unlink ringtone and notification volumes (!!!)
-Added white SMS Icon back to lockscreen (goes to stock Mms for now, will be configurable later)
-Added link to T9 settings (so you can disable T9 if it freezes for you)
-Added new phone options – Zaphod-Beeble!
-Status bar while in call
-Exit to home (actually exists to most recent activity)
-Disable lights out on nav bar
-Removed hide nav bar function for now (it was causing unresponsive screen on incoming phone calls)
-Fixed RC icon sizes
-Fixed lockscreen icons not being set properly by default
-Fixed wrong string for Emergency dialer on setup screen (#intent blah blah)
-Fixed Power Saver being grayed on in RC even after enabling it
-Fixed volume music controls conflicting with apps that take over volume button
-Fixed landscape lockscreen layout
-Fixed default toggles having Data (removed for devices that don’t have data)
-Fixed lockscreen rotation setting overriding system-wide rotation setting (system-rotation takes priority)
- Apex Launcher replaced with default launcher
- ICS Wallpaper from P3Droid, no default wallpaper with Apex yet
- default dpi is set to 200
- Included the latest camera fix (credits rapmv78)
- keyboard (de, en, es, fr, it) download more dictionaries via keyboard settings. (press refresh)
- Gallery is buggy, recommend QUICPIC
- Kernel 220.127.116.11 Incredikernel ICS 01/03/2012
- Gapps are included
- removed Torch app.. you can use the toggle instead
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and Motorola isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the Recovery Mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install Android 4.0.3 ICS ROM on your Droid Incredible
- The instructions are working for Droid Incredible, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Motorola Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
- Rooted Device, with CWM recovery installed in it.
How to Install Android 4.0.3 ICS ROM on your Droid Incredible
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download the ICS-Deck-ROM to your computer and transfer the file to your mobile phone.
- Power off the mobile phone and reboot it in recovery mode.
- Now, select Wipe Data/Factory reset from the menu, and after that select “Wipe Cache Partition“. After completing the caches, select “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
- Now, move on to the next step and select “install zip from sd card”.
- Choose the zip file which you had tranferred earlier on your device and confirm.
- This will flash the ROM on your device, and soon the flashing will complete.
- When the flashing process is completed, Go back and reboot the device by selecting “reboot system now” from the menu.
That’s it!! You’ve successfully installed Android ICS Deck AOKP Custom ROM on Your Droid Incredible.