The Droid Incredible is receiving quite good ROMs developed for it from last 2-4 days. We’ve already posted about the Ice Cream Sandwich ROM for the Droid Incredible. The XDA Member named Div033 has created and Custom ROM based on the Gingerbread which comes without Sense UI, but has the similar look of Ice Cream Sandwich, no sense UI included!
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and Motorola isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the Recovery Mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install Custom ROM for Droid Incredible
- The instructions are working for Droid Incredible, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Motorola Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
- Rooted Device, with CWM recovery installed in it.
How to Install Custom ROM for Droid Incredible
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download Ice Cream Senseless ROM on your computer then transfer the file that is extracted from the zip file.
- Turn off the mobile phone and boot into recovery mode.
- Now, select Wipe Data/Factory reset from the menu, and after that select “Wipe Cache Partition“. After completing the caches, select “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
- Now, moving further select “install zip from sdcard“, then select the file which we had transferred earlier on the device’s SD Card.
- The Flashing of ROM will start, and soon the installation will be complete.
That’s it!! You’ve successfully installed Android ICS Themed ROM without Sensui on Your Droid Incredible.