The Motorola Droid RAZR is an awesome mobile phone that has been created by Motorola, It’s the toughest and the best mobile phone ever launched by motorola.
The ClockWorkMod recovery tool has been developed and created by Koushik Dutta, ClockworkMod is an advanced console replacement tool for Android phones and tablets. Using ClockworkMod you can wipe your phone data, dalvin cache and the battery stats, backup and restore mobile phone data, mount mass storage, apply themes and kernels.
Before you can install the ClockworkMod recovery on Droid RAZR, make sure that your mobile phone is already rooted. If you haven’t rooted your mobile phone then, Do Check this guide to Root your Droid RAZR.
Always, take backup of all your data, in case anything is done wrong then you would lose control of your mobile phone and it will be bricked.
So, After you’ve taken the backup of all your data, you can now proceed to the installation of ClockworkMod recovery on your Droid RAZR. Follow each and every step carefully in order to complete the process successfully, and prevent any failure as we won’t be held responsible for the damages that are done by you.
- Donwload CWMOnBoot from here & Download RazrBootstrap.apk from here.
- Copy both files to the root directory of your mobile phone’s SD Card (Connect your mobile phone to the computer using the original Motorola USB cable).
- Go to Settings > Applications and make sure that “unknown sources” is ticked.
- Run the install application, choose the reboot option from the application window.
- Once, your mobile phone has been booted in the recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” then select “Choose zip from SD Card“, and then locate and select the file named “RAZR-CWMOnBoot-Global-J.Y.Daddy.zip“.
- The File will be flashed onto your mobile phone. After the process gets completed, reboot your mobile phone.
- After your mobile phone is rebooted, run the superuser application. From the Superuser window set the status of “RazrBootStrap” app status to “denied” (Important part of the process, if skipped you would probably brick your DROID Razr).
- Reboot your mobile phone one more time.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed ClockworkMod Recovery on your Droid Razr.
Image Source: AndroidAuthority