A new firmware upgrade is now available for the Motorola Droid Razr, and in this article we’ll cover up how we can update the mobile phone to the enhanced version of Gingerbread 2.3.6 in an easy way. There are several bug fixes in the ROM that’s why the ROM has been dubbed as the Enhanced Gingerbread.
Note: This is an non-official update, that means it hasn’t been released by Motorola Inc. and Custom Recovery, Odin and other tools are used to make the Custom ROM flash in this device.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the Recovery Mode in the mobile phone. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install Android ICS Themed ROM in your Droid Razr
- The instructions are working for Motorola Droid, Razr Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Motorola drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
Installing Android ICS in Your Droid Razr
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download the Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware Package to your computer and then connect your mobile phone and copy the file to the root of your SD Card.
- After the transferring process is complete, turn off your mobile phone and remove the USB Cable.
- Now, Turn on the device in the recovery mode (the recovery mode can be entered by Pressing and holding Volume Up + Volume Down keys).
- In the recovery mode screen, choose “install zip from sd card” then “choose zip from sd card” and then select the Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware file which you had transferred in the mobile phone earlier. It will take around 10 Minutes to flash the firmware in the mobile phone.
- After the process is complete, go back to the main screen and select “reboot system now” and the device will reboot with Gingerbread 2.3.6 installed in it.
Congratulations!! You’ve successfully installed Android ICS in your Motorola Droid Razr.