MIUI 4 ROM for HTC Wildfire has just arrived and now the same ROM has been also arrived for the Motorola Photon 4G. As we all know that all MIUI ROMs have a very beautiful UI and awesome interface, plus there are so many MIUI apps that come with the ROM. The ROM has been ported by the XDA Developer named “Jmaserang“, the ROM is still under development. The ROM is still under the pre-alpha stage and there are few bugs on the ROM. Read on to know more about the flashing process and the bugs on the ROM.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and the official company isn’t the creator of the ROM, there can be a few bugs on the ROM as it hasn’t been released by the company. Warranty of the mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE. Read on to know more about the bugs:
- Video recording
- Torch app (don’t open)
- Only sees internal memory but can mount sd using Astro file explorer
- Music app works but FCs sometimes
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the Recovery Tool. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install MIUI ROM on Photon 4G
- The instructions are working for Motorola Photon 4G, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings >> Applications >>Development >> USB Debugging).
- Motorola Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Rooted device with CWM Recovery Installed.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
How to Install MIUI 4 ROM on your Photon 4G
Disclaimer: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then your device can brick, remember Neither me nor thedroidnation.com is held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download the MIUI 4 ROM.
- Transfer the downloaded zip to the SD Card.
- Now Turn off the device and reboot into recovery mode.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset” then select “YES” to confirm the same.
- Select “Advanced” >> “wipe dalvik cache” and select “YES” to confirm the same.
- Now select “Install zip from sdcard” >>> “choose zip from sdcard“, now select both the files one by one which you had transferred earlier on the device.
- Now “Go Back” and “reboot system now“.
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed the MIUI 4 ROM on your Motorola Photon 4G.