The wait for the Motorola Razr XT 910 Android 4.0 ICS officially doesn’t seem to end as Motorola is still with no reply on when would be the updates launched to the eagerly awaiting users. Not officially here we introduce the Android 4.0 ICS package for the Razr XT 910 smartphone.
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Make sure that you have gone through the following pre upgrade instructions before updating to the latest firmware.
- Make sure that this update is only for the users who own Motorola Razr XT910 smartphone but not any other version of Motorola Razr.
- Please make sure that you have more than 60 % battery life left on your phone.
- Make sure that you need to have USB Debugging installed on your Galaxy S Plus phone. Follow the path Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and you should tick the USB debugging option.
Disclaimer : Since this is a custom ROM, users should understand that they are proceeding with this update on their own risk. Neither developer nor we would be held responsible.
Update Motorola Razr XT910 to Android 4.0 ICS Firmware Procedure
Follow the below mentioned procedure -
- First you need to download the firmware package.
- Power off your Motorola Razr XT 910 smart phone as you need to enter it in the recovery mode first.
- Motorola Razr XT 910 can be entered in the recovery mode by pressing the key combination of Power button + volume up + volume down button together at once. You will see the recovery screen.
- Navigate to Recovery and enter it.
- You’ll see a triangular robot press once both volume keys.
- Select Install update from sd card and to make selection use power button and to navigate among various options use volume rocker keys.
- Select the Blur_Version.651.167.3370.XT910.Brasil.en.BR.zip file which you have downloaded in step 1.
- Wait till the process of the upgrade is finish and your phone would be restarted automatically.
- After reboot finish (may take some time) install OTA root keeper again and restore root.
With those above steps you have successfully upgrade your Motorola Razr smartphone with the Android 4.0 ICS pack. Please make sure that after upgrading with this firmware you can downgrade back to Android 2.3.6 again.