So Google’s Android devices i.e., Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S and Motorola Xoom get the official ICS update first. Here in this article we will go through the procedure on how you can update your Motorola Xoom Wi Fi tablet with official Android 4.0.4 ICS update.
This update to Motorola Wi Fi tablet was pushed via OTA update and its now available manually for those users who can’t get it via OTA. There are lots of improvements beside a nice beautiful ICS looks and performance are the camera performance is increased to provide better image captures.
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Follow the below mentioned pre upgrade procedure -
- Please ensure that the tablet here is Motorola Xoom Wi Fi and its not any other variants of it like Xoom Family and it shouldn’t be carrier locked.
- Please make sure that you have a minimum of 70 % battery life left on your phone. This is to ensure that you don’t run out of battery during the upgrade procedure.
- Its quite important to backup most of the things on your tablet.
- You should enable USB debugging on your phone. To enable USB debugging on your phone follow the path of Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and you would be able to enable it.
- All the antivirus or the firewall should be disable for certain period of time.
Disclaimer : Neither we or the developer of this ROM should be held responsible if anything happens to your mobile phone if you proceed with this firmware upgrade. We have ensured that everything should go fine with update.
Upgrade Motorola Xoom Wi Fi with Android ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
Follow the procedure mentioned below –
- You need to download Xoom Wi Fi Upgrade Package.
- Once files are downloaded, you need to renamed the downloaded files to xoomupdate.zip.
- Connect your tablet to the PC using the USB host cable.
- Copy the zipped package on to your external USB drive on your internal sd card on your tablet.
- Turn off your Xoom Wi Fi tablet so that we can get it in recovery mode. This can be achieved on your Motorola Xoom tablet by pressing the Volume Down button continuously until you see recovery options on your screen. Once the phone gets in Android Recovery press the volume up key to get your phone in recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode options menu, you need to select install zip from sd card and then browse and select xoomupdate.zip.
- The updates would be applied to your tablet and it will be done in few minutes. Go Back and hit the reboot the Xoom tablet.
- You will see your Xoom tablet in the new Android 4.0.4 firmware.
If you are strucked anywhere then please simply follow the procedure again and check for each steps carefully.