Samsung Galaxy Captivate is one of the old device and various firmware are available for this device. As the JellyBean is launched many of the users are doubtful where it will work on their device or not. Officially there will not be any update to Jelly Bean not even Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS to Samsung Galaxy Captivate i897 device. Thanks to various developers who are constantly working out to bring the best built firmware on various devices. One such was teased for Samsung Galaxy Captivate and here in this article we provide you the guide to update your device with the JellyBean 4.1.1 Based Slim Custom Firmware.
Among the features included in this ROM are –
- Custom Home Launcher
- Fully built from AOSP sources
- Includes JB launcher
- Comes with newly added Google Now
- Face Unlock feature is introduced
- 5 languages support
- Easy to customize features
Pre Upgrade Follow Up Requirements
Essentially before preceding the firmware upgrade, you should go with the following pre upgrade instructions required on your device.
- Make sure your device is Samsung Galaxy Captivate i897 and no other variant of Galaxy phone.
- Make sure you have charged your phone to up to 40 % although full 100 % charging is good and highly recommended.
- Users should enable USB debugging option by going through the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Make sure it’s ticked.
- Since this is a custom firmware, this requires root access to your smart phone and this is why rooting is required. So root your device on the existing firmware.
- During the process of the firmware update the data present on your smart phone might be lost. So its advised that you take the back up of everything present on your smart phone by using the following help guide -
Ensuring that everything you have followed is positive way we will proceed to see the firmware update procedure
Galaxy Captivate Update Procedure to JellyBean 4.1 Slim ROM
Follow the instructions below to apply the updates pretty easily on your Captivate device -
- First you need to download the latest JellyBean 4.1.1 firmware update package and then connect your device to the PC using the USB cable. Now move the downloaded file to the root of your SD card or the internal memory.
- Now disconnect your device and turn off your phone to off state so that you can enter it recovery mode.
- One can easily enter Samsung Galaxy Captivate in recovery mode by pressing the volume up key, OK button and the power button.
- Once you are in the recovery mode, you need to select the option of “Wipe data/factory reset”, “Wipe Cache partition” to clear all the cache present.
- Select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” after which it will take around 10 minutes to apply these updates.
So how this update went through your phone? Do let us know if you have faced any issues during this update.