After many devices been updated this month with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich it’s pretty sure that many devices in the month of April will receive the Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade. Samsung Epic 4G Touch D710 smartphone has now received the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update.
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Please go through the following pre upgrade instructions carefully –
The following are the sets of pre upgrade instructions which you should follow before proceeding with the firmware upgrade –
- Make sure that your device is only Epic 4G Touch D710 and not other variant of it. You can check for the phone version by going through Settings > About Phone.
- Charge your Epic 4G Touch D710 to minimum of 80 % charging and then proceed with the update.
- Please make sure that you enable USB debugging on your phone. Go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and check it out.
- Finally it’s important that you backup most of the things on your phone. Make use of the following –
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Songs, Videos & Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down manually via “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
Assuming that you have gone through the above steps, we will now proceed with the actual update procedure.
Disclaimer : Users should understand that neither we nor the developers should be held responsible for anything happens to your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
Upgrade Epic 4G Touch D710 to ICS Procedure
Follow the procedure as mentioned below.
- First you need to download the ICS Package from the servers on to your PC.
- Install the exe file which you have downloaded now.
- You would be asked to provide the path where you would like to extract the zip file. Give it accordingly to your preferences.
- Now open the exe file which is installed. Keep it open.
- You need to turn off your phone to enter into download mode. To get it in downloaded mode, tap on the volume down button + Menu button and then holding all the buttons together you need to Power ON the device. You will see a robot inside a triangle with download mode written below that.
- Once you get your phone into the download mode, connect your phone using USB cable to the PC.
- The first port ie., ID : COM section will turn into Yellow and it’s as seen in the picture below.
- Once you see the yellow mark, click on the Start button to proceed with the firmware upgrade.
- Once that is done, remove the connected USB cable and turn off your device, this time to get your phone in the recovery mode. To get your phone in recovery mode you need to hold the menu button and then tap on the power button simultaneously.
So do lets us know about this upgrade work on your Epic 4G Touch D710.