Leaking task of Samsung is never going to end, new and new ROMs are coming daily for many of the Samsung Devices. We’ve already written about the FB17 ROM and the FB15 ROM for Samsung Epic Touch 4G. This one is the third leak of the Android ICS firmware for Samsung Epic Touch 4G. As, this is a leaked firmware there can be a few bugs on the ROM. Read on to know more about the procedure to flash the ROM on the device.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and Samsung isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the ODIN Tool. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to FB21 Android ICS ROM on Epic Touch 4G
- The instructions are working for Samsung Epic Touch 4G, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Samsung Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
How to Install FB21 ROM on Epic Touch 4G
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download the FB21 ROM and the Odin flashing tool from the download links.
- Extract the FB21 ROM, there would be a file named “D710_CODE_SPH-D710.FB21_CL159837_REV02_user_w_Sbl_EG31.tar” inside the folder.
- Switch off the mobile phone and put it into download mode, for doing it Press and Hold Volume Down + Power Button.
- Open the ODIN application, there you’ll get a “Added!!” message, which means that the device has been successfully connected.
- Now, on the ODIN Window click on the PDA Tab and select the “D710_CODE_SPH-D710.FB21_CL159837_REV02_user_w_Sbl_EG31.tar” file.
- Now, Hit the START Button and the flashing will start.
- Your device will automatically restart upon the completion of flashing of the ROM on your device.
You’ve successfully installed FB21 ROM on your Samsung Epic Touch 4G.