Samsung Epic Touch 4G is the most amazing and the newest device till date, the mobile phone is one of the latest smartphone that has got a leaked Android ICS 4.0 Firmware for it. The ROM is still on the beta stage and bugs are there in the ROM, so can’t be said as a daily driver but still worth installing if you wanna enjoy the Android ICS 4.0.3 taste on your device. As, the ROM is still under development, all the bugs will be ironed out soon from the ROM in new releases.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and Samsung isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be flashed to the Mobile phone using the Recovery mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install Android ICS ROM on Epic Touch 4G
- The instructions are working for Samsung Epic Touch 4G, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Samsung Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
How to Install Android ICS ROM on Epic Touch 4G
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download FB17 Firmware and the ODIN Tool.
- Extract the contents of both the archives.
- Turn off your mobile phone and put it into download mode, download mode on Epic Touch 4G can be accessed by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power Button after that you’ll get a Warning screen, press Volume UP to continue. Now, connect the device to the computer.
- Open ODIN executable file, you’ll get a “Added! !” message, that means your device is successfully connected.
- Now, Click on the PDA Tab, and select “D710_CODE_SPH-D710.FB17_CL159611_REV02_user.tar” file which can be found inside the firmware package.
- Click the START Button and wait for the process to complete.
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed Android ICS 4.0.3 ROM on Samsung Epic Touch 4G