All those who are using the Samsung Epic Touch 4G can now update their devices to the latest Android 4.0.3 Firmware, and due course of this article we’ll be covering up the process to install the firmware on the device. The ROM has been developed by XDA Member “QBKing77” and dubbed as the “E4GT ROM“, the ROM will bring lots of features to your device, so it’s always worth installing the Android ICS‘s ROMs that are releasing everyday.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and Samsung isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be flashed to the Mobile phone using the Recovery mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install Android ICS ROM on Samsung Galaxy Epic
- The instructions are working for Samsung Galaxy Epic, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Samsung Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
How to Install Android ICS ROM on Galaxy Epic Touch 4G
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download the ICS ROM.
- Transfer the file to the SD Card of your device and Turn off the mobile phone upon completion.
- Press Volume UP + Power Button and the device will start.
- Now, select “install zip from sdcard” >> “Choose zip from sdcard” >> Select the file which you had transferred earlier to your device.
- After the ROM is completely flashed onto the device, go back and “reboot system now“.
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed Android ICS 4.0.3 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Epic.